It's back, my new Saturday tradition, "According to Loo"!
1) It's best to go on the big girl potty when Dada is home! She has gone at least once a day (twice so far today) on the potty, since DH flew in on Thursday night . . . making progress. Dada gives the best pep talks & knows how to help her get on the potty.
2) Singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" helps kids relax while trying to have their first bowel movement on the potty.
3) Bribery with stickers works - so, so; bribery with princess pull-ups works - excellent!
4) Reading the Dora's Potty Book doesn't make a big difference, but can't hurt.
5) Ignoring the multiple potty seats Daddy & Mommy bought, to sit on the Dora ring in the "normal potty" gets the best results!
Her is the princess on her throne the first time she went on the big girl potty, Jan. 1st.
My goal had always been to train her by the end of this year. She is stubborn and waited until the year was over to prove a point - she's in charge! LOL!