Monday, January 16, 2006

Calling All Bloggers . . .

I have a serious question:

Should I give my hubby this blog address?

Really - when I started this I knew that I didn't want to tell him about it right away and waited about two weeks to tell him that I started a blog. He was really excited for me and said that he was going to suggest it, too, b/c he thought it would be a good place for me to vent. We agreed at the time, that this was my private space and he would not "try to find me" on blogspot (we both read a friend's blog regularly, so he knew were I would be).

Since then, he has had a few moments of what he calls, "blog envy"! The other night, he said that he felt out of the loop b/c I didn't complain to him about my day at work and instead blogged to get it out of my system! Since he thinks I complain too much, you would think he would consider this a blessing :)


However, out of my 40-something posts, only a few of them have been about him or contain something that might hurt his feelings (or clue him in)! Many of them, he would enjoy reading. Lately, I have been reading some of your blogs and know that some of your spouses read them. So, ladies & gentlemen . . . should I let my hubby read mine (which he would do so regularly, especially while gone at work)? Do you? Does it change the way and what you write?

HELP! What are your thoughts . . .

THANKS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough one. Mine knows about mine. But, lost interested very quickly. Apparently, I'm very boring . . . who knows?!?! haha If mine had internet access at work, that would probably concern me a bit. Even though my husband can bother me about alot of things. I think what I wrote about him I would also tell him about or probably already have. I probably wouldn't if you really want to keep it private. But, then, you might just curb what you might vent about your husband. Honestly, unless, our husbands are really bad . . . you know what I mean . . . they really are sweethearts without a clue. :) My thing is I didn't want him to have a blog but I'm the double-standard queen that way. I just didn't want him blogging about me. So, not sure that I make sense. But, have a great Sunday. :)

momma of 2 said...

Hubby knew I read blogs, he didn't know I had one.. and apparently I screwed up and didn't delete it out of history and he found it... and read all of it.

now he has one - and reads mine daily - I have to be careful not complain about the in-laws...which I used to do - and have since gotten rid of almost all posts about them/him.

I think he is jealous because I don't complain to him as much as I used to - if something happens I blog about it - and let it go...but maybe he misses me whinning...

Mise en Place said...

My hubby knows about mine and has even read a couple of posts, but could really careless. He's not at all into the computer.

I don't mind if my hubby reads mine because it's nothing I wouldn't say TO him, lol!

However, he really has no idea how to find it.

I don't think I'm being much help, lol. If you don't think it will make you censor what you write then I say did it. Especailly if you think he would like your site.

eyes_only4him said...

i vote no..only because if the time ever comes you want to vent about what an ass he might of been..you cant..

you dont wanna hold back on your blog..

i had to change my address a while back cuz too many family memebers found out about it..

i have a family blog..for that reason, this one is mine where i can dog on anyone at anytime:)

thats just me though

Anonymous said...

Tough call. Depends on how much you want to censor yourself in the future. I'd think you want to keep your options open.