Friday, May 05, 2006

I Will Miss It . . .

This morning on the way to work, the reality set in that today is the day we are selling our "starter home". I have to be honest and admit that I got a little teary eyed thinking of all the great memories there!

We definitely started a lot of things there :) When we moved in, we had no children, no furniture, and big dreams! We moved out with two children and so much stuff that we have no clue how we got it all - LOL! I can safely say that at this point, I feel like we have far exceeded our dreams and are living a wonderful life. It is incredible to be at a comfortable point in our life, emotionally and financially, to be able to make a drastic move of this nature on short notice. As I have said before, we have been preparing and planning for it, under the assumption it would be at least a few months off . . . little did we know that it would happen this fast!

August 4, 2001 - a little over one week before move-in. Now the trees in the back ground are replaced with houses and the four trees in the yard tower over the house.

I remember all the firsts . . . and all the painting!
Everything has gone fairly smooth and I am happy today is finally over. The last few weeks have been stressful and we have been on the calendar to close several times, but the buyer's FHA loan kept holding us back. I guess money to buy the house might be important :) Today was a long day, over two hours at the table and a long wait for some final documents to be sent over, but it is done! Thankfully, we will only have one mortgage to pay - yipee! Here I am pictured at the stop light less then five minutes from closing . . . can you tell I was ready to do it?!?!?When we were almost done signing the papers (thank god we were the sellers and not the buyers . . . signing my hubby's name followed by my full name and "Attorney In Fact" plus my own signature every time was a pain in the ass . . . sellers have a lot less to sign!) and waiting for the title to come through, we got hit with a HUGE HAIL STORM!!!
No joke! It lasted at least thirty minutes and had golf ball size hail pieces. This is the only picture I could snap without getting pelted with one! We were all freaking out b/c many of us had cars that are less than six months old and this was not looking good. From what I can tell, my minivan has a few dents in the hood, multiple dents on the roof, and no damage to the windows. I am going to assess the body better tomorrow, when I am not worrying about rushing to pick-up the kids, since the closing went past five.

4 comments:

CameraDawktor said...

That would be a lot to freak out about with the big hail and all.

Love the blue you painted your kitchen way back when...very cheery.

Yes it's a lot of signing, even when you are only signing for yourself! I can't imagine doing all that signing you had to do, YIKES!

Hey, and I will put up a post today saying that it's the favorite picture of your mother. Great idea!

Fantastagirl said...

I hated signing all the paperwork to sell and buy our house - talk about feeling like you were signing your life away... Love the blue kitchen!

Hopefully the hail damage won't be too much - and that you have insurance that will fix it right!

Mama Beck said...

When tis meant to be its meant to be... I am so happy you were able to sell the new house so quickly!

eyes_only4him said...

i was glad to leave or stater home..not looking back.

although our new home is wonderful, we still havent bought our dream house yet. We arent even in the same state our dream home is in:-)