Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

The first day of 2006 is almost over and it can't pass without a few words. I have made the decision to not make any resolutions this year. To be honest, I haven't made any for several years, but this year it is on purpose. Here's my theory: Why create a list of things that will just upset me later when I don't accomplish them? LOL!

Don't get me wrong . . . I am the type of person that has high expectations and always strives to achieve them, but why use the start of a new year to create this "check list"? In my mind, I have a running list of resolutions that I want to accomplish that changes throughout the year.

Here's looking at you 2006, may you be filled with:
~ Happiness
~ Love
~ Laughter
~ Friendship
~ Humility
~ Grace
~ Compassion
~ Patience
~ Tears of joy
~ And the ability to handle the times when things are difficult