Thursday, December 22, 2005

Attention Houston, We Have A Problem!

Tonight, this is what I saw for the first time:

And why is it a problem? Well, my daughter found her thumb at six-weeks-old and is still sucking it. She is over three and has been told by her doctor at the two-year and three-year check-ups to give it up. Therefore, I must be a nag and tell her to stop all the time. Thankfully, she has been sucking it less and less in the last few weeks. I think she is adjusted to the whole "I'm no longer the baby" thing with her brother here.
I hope that Loco is not a "thumbie-addict" like Loo . . . please, please, please!

5 comments:

Nik said...

I think thumb suckers are so precious. I was a thumb sucker and had to have a special retainer put in my mouth to keep my thumb out.

Melis said...

I have learned the hard way that if they're going to... they're going to! LOL However, I still blame the over bite my oldest has on my ex... STEALING her pacifier from her every time she fell asleep! MEN!

AL said...

Nik - I think it is precious, too. Especially when she hugs my arm and sucks it - so sweet!

Melis - That is so horrible stealing! You're right - MEN:)

Mimi said...

You know what, my daugher sucks her thumb too and I am just SO not concerned about it. The child was sucking her thumb in the womb so it was just inevitable.

I was a thumb sucker until I was 8 and I turned out just fine. I dont have hideously misaligned teeth(thanks to LOTS of orthodontics..LOL!!). I think b/c I was a thumb sucker and I know how comforting it is, especially when paired with a favorite blankie, I just let my daugher alone on that issue. I just think there are so many more things to worry about, and the whole thumb sucking thing is so damn cute, why get all worked up about it?

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »